Opportunity to join a studio that creates everything from scratch...
We are seeking a Communication/Public Relations Intern, who is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale. The intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the public relations field, provide concrete deliverables and learn from top to bottom. When the internship is completed you will be ready to enter any fast paced PR firm.
This position is non-paid and ideal for current students seeking college credit, and recent graduates looking for experience in the field of advertising and marketing. Part time 20-30 hours a week.
Schedule: Summer Semester (3 – 5 months - depending on amount of hours)
Hours are flexible and can be arranged according to a student’s academic/work
Remuneration: Unpaid internship with possible advancement opportunities.
Starting Date: May 1, 2017.
Location: Can be located anywhere, but candidates in the Jacksonville area will be given huge preference.
• Draft press releases, blog posts, brief pitches, or other PR materials
• Assist with building in-house media outreach database
• Assist with designing and executing client-driven public relations campaigns
• Monitor competitors’ backlinks to identify potential media outlets for outreach
• Update online client press pages with links to media coverage
• Assist in administrative duties
• Establish relationships with local and online medias
• Understand branding guidelines and implementation
• Participate in staff meetings
• Maintain the company blog and email marketing campaigns
• Create portfolio upon completion of internship
• Other duties as assigned or depending on your skills, experience, and interests
• Currently enrolled as a student at an accredited university majoring in communications, English, journalism, or marketing
• Versatile writing skills and proficiency in spelling and grammar
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Social media savvy a must (Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn)
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Familiarity with WordPress and Buzzstream preferred
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to coordinate multiple deadline
• Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
If you’re interested, let’s talk. Submit your resume to hey[at]anteanstudios[dot]com.